This is a delicious recipe that I made up. It takes just a few minutes if you have your potatoes canned.
- 1 large onion chopped finely and sauteed in butter
- 1/2 gallon of fresh milk
- 1 quart of peeled and cut up potatoes
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 Tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
- Add salt to taste
- Add ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of flour mixed up
First you chop your onion and saute it in butter over the stove top. Pour 1/2 gallon of milk into a stock pot over medium heat. Add your caramelized onions. Stir. Add 1/2 cup of butter. Heat to a boil. Add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of flour. Mix until smooth. Pour into the boiling milk, butter mixture and stir until thickened. Now add your spices and potatoes. Serve with some Kefir No Yeast bread rolls and butter. Enjoy.