It is super simple really...
- I cooked a frozen home butchered chicken yesterday and we had a full out chicken dinner with all the fixings. Today I put the remaining bones and meat to boil with more water and salt to cook all the nutrients out of the bones for good bone broth.
- Picked the meat off and reserved the broth
- Chopped one onion, 5 carrots, 5 stalks of celery and sautéd these with coconut oil until translucent.
- Then I added the broth and the meat to the veggies.
- Next I seasoned it with onion powder, pepper, parsley, and garlic powder to taste.
- Added a can of my home canned potatoes.
- Made the old fashioned dumplings by cracking 2 eggs into a 2 cup measuring cup, add enough flour to make a nice pasty dough. I just drop little nuggets of this dumpling batter into the boiling pot and they cook instantly! So yummy and healthy for your tummy on a rainy day! ENJOY!