HOW TO FAIL!
Here is the story of when Jesus walked on water...
"And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.
And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
- They go into that boat and start sailing across the sea.
- A storm comes and it was very fierce, for even the fisherman were afraid.
When Jesus came walking on the water, the disciples thought they were seeing a ghost. It never entered their minds that it was JESUS.
"But the ship was now in the midst of the sea,
tossed with waves:for the wind was contrary.
And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying,
It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou,
bid me come unto thee on the water... " Matt. 14:24-28
Peter got out of the boat. He walked on water. Peter is the only man besides Jesus that has ever been recorded in history who walked on water. Once he started getting distracted and looking around at the storm, he began to sink. It is normal to sink. We all would sink, right?
"And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship,
he walked on the water, to go to Jesus." Matt.14:29
3 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO FAIL...
- #1. Try to live for Jesus in your own strength. Try to do Plexus and minister to others in your own strength...you will FAIL.
"Christ in You the Hope of Glory!" It is Christ who helps us, it is not on our own!
- #2 Allow yourself to be distracted. Look around and notice where you are not in life. Or focus on what you do not have! This person is getting the blessings while you are not. Letting those distractions of negative thoughts into your mind is a sure recipe for FAILURE.
"But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid;
and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him,
O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying,
Of a truth thou art the Son of God." Matt. 14:30-33
Do not confuse God with trials or disappointments. That is just life. God is way bigger than that!
If your joy depends on what life gives you, you will never be happy.
- #3 The third sure way to fail is to do nothing. Don't get out of the boat! If you want to learn how to fail, just stay in the boat!
If you never get out of the boat you will FAIL.
If you never step out of your comfort zone, you will be ineffective. You will never be useful. It takes courage to just step out and do something.
Was Peter a success or failure?
I say Peter was a success, he was the one and only disciple who got out of the boat and walked on water while the other 11 just stayed where they were. And Peter will always be remembered as someone who walked on water with Jesus, even though he did eventually doubt and began to sink.
In life we have choices and we have to live with those choices no matter what they may be. I love choosing life, peace, and good will toward man. It is often hard to get out of the boat, so to speak and to minister to others. We just feel like there is not enough time, or they may not appreciate it anyhow. But we never know what lives we can touch and what people we could lead to Jesus!
We can minister to the whole person: Mind, Body, and Spirit.
- If someone is sick, bring them some chicken soup or tea.
- If someone is financially strained, buy them a few groceries.
- If someone is hurting be a shoulder to cry on or a person that will pray for them.
Life is busy and I just wanted to encourage you to do something meaningful. It set such a great example for your family, your children, and to others who are watching. Get out of the boat, focus on Christ, and minister to others in some way today!